Covering an area of more than 4,264m2 and divided into four 4MW IT data halls whilst being fully scalable, it’s one of the most efficient colocation data centres in the UK.
Connected direct to the 275KV National Grid, Stellium Data Centres ensure low-cost, ultra-reliable power at whatever levels you need.
Stellium data centre 1 facts:
- 80 MWs (designed to scale to 180 MWs) of REGO certified renewable power
- Tier-3+ designed
- OCP ReadyTM ISO-27001, ISO-90001, ISO-140001, ISO-22301, ISO-200001 Cyber Essentials+ and PSN Network certified facility
- 4,264 m2 of IT space (traditional water-cooled)
- 4 x 1066 m2 IT sectors
- AquaComms North Atlantic Loop & Altibox NO-UK CLS (Cable Landing Stations, inside our highly secure data centre)
- 2 x Meet-Me rooms
- PUE rating at 1.24
- Support from low to high density racks (including HPC)
- BREEAM Rated Excellent
There are many reasons to choose Newcastle as your location of choice. Why continue to locate in congested London with increasing power costs and repeated issues with infrastructure when:
- Stellium provides 80 MWs (designed to scale to 180 MWs) of REGO certified renewable power at Stellium Newcastle.
- The North East has the lowest carbon intensity of any region in the United Kingdom.
Source: National Grid ESO
- Stellium has no cooling issues – unlike London data centres who experienced major cooling issues in 2022, Stellium had none.
- Stellium’s Tier 3+ data centre in Newcastle operates in less hostile temperatures than London, rarely exceeding 22 deg C v London’s 32 deg C (June 2023).The consequences are lower cooling bills and a cooling system that always works well within its design parameters.
- Stellium provides metered power contracts – in London the infrastructure to give metered contracts is not always available. Energy is now 70% of your colocation cost so this is a major issue for your business in terms of transparency.
- Stellium provides mobilisation time for contracts up to 1.3MW in 4 weeks.
- Stellium has no latency congestion. In fact we provide some of the lowest latency now available in the UK. As the landing station for the latest international subsea fibre cables, Newcastle is now closer to New York than London is.
- One of the most accredited data centres in the UK, including OCP Ready™ certification for AI and HPC data centre services.