How to connect to NCL-IX Internet Exchange
You can connect with the NCL-IX Internet Exchange by colocating in Stellium’s Newcastle data centre and then requesting a connection to the Exchange.
NCL-IX is operated as a neutral not-for-profit IXP open to any network that can meet the technical requirements and physically reach one of our PoPs (Points of Presence).
NCL-IX currently has two resiliently connected points of presence:
- Telco-Room North, Stellium 1, 9 Cobalt Park Way, Cobalt Business Park, Tyne & Wear, NE28 9EJ, UK.
- Telco-Room South, Stellium 1, 9 Cobalt Park Way, Cobalt Business Park, Tyne & Wear, NE28 9EJ, UK.
A 1Gb and/or 10Gb connection into either or both PoPs above is free of charge until January 2023.
NCL-IX supports connections to the above PoPs at speeds of 1Gbps, 10Gbps and 100Gbps. The following connection types are supported:
- 1Gbps links via single-mode LX connections.
- 10Gbps links via single-mode LR connections.
- 100Gbps links via single-mode LR4 connections.
- Longer distance optics (EX/ZX/ER/ZR) are also supported for an additional once-off fee.
- Coloured optics for terminating DWDM wavelength can also be supported for an additional once-off fee.